All of New England Village’s services including our staff’s approach to their work, are based on our core beliefs regarding the best way to support people with disabilities.
New England Village believes:
- People thrive when they make their own choices; people with disabilities are capable of, and have the right to, make their own decisions – where they live, work and recreate.
- Supports and services are designed first and foremost for people with disabilities – not the organization, the staff, or loved ones.
- People with disabilities should have the same access to education, jobs, recreation, housing, and transportation as other members of the community.
- Engaging and participating in community life with an opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with friends, volunteers, and co-workers has a positive impact on people with disabilities and on the greater community.
- All NEV services will be integrated and NEV-run property will be used as a center for housing, programs, services, and recreation for participants and members of the broader community.
- Well-trained and motivated employees make a difference in the lives of people with disabilities and ensure a high quality of life.